How Apostle Suleiman Got It All Wrong this time - Is He Really A Man Of God?
Apostle John Suleiman’s prophecies and the matters arisingI was amused when I read the dreadful prophecies of Apostle John Suleiman, the President of Omega Ministry, about the year 2017. What a prophecy!
Since I read his prophecies of doom, I have ruminated over the prophecies, taking and dissecting them one at a time. I have come to a conclusion; this is nothing more than needless rambling of a purported “Man of God” who is seeking publicity and cheap popularity.
While I don’t want to go into the analysis of the full prophecies (50 in number), I will like to address some of them to expose the shallow mindedness of the man who takes it upon himself to represent and mouth speak for God.
The Case Against Some of His Prophecies
The Apostle centered his prophecies on some national and international events. This includes an attempted murder of a family member of the First Family as well as the collapse of a school building; mass retrenchment in some banks and other related issues.
However, what he considers as prophecies are natural events that may be the potential outcome of human recklessness and the development in our political arena. Let’s take a look at some of these prophecies and expose the fraud he is.
#1. I see terrorism on the increaseIs this a prophecy? If this counts for a prophecy then I prophesy that I'll be a day older tomorrow. The menace of terrorism has always been on the increase since the establishment of the dreaded Boko Haram group by Mohammed Yusuf in Maiduguri in 2002. Leveraging the level of poverty and illiteracy in that part of the country, Yusuf recruited many poor beggars and trained them to become suicide bombers. Since then, the small group he founded has become a menacing and dreaded monster that always leaves death and destruction in its wake.
Several attempts by many governments to curtail the excesses of the group have all been futile. Year by year, the group enjoys increased popularity as a result of their increased threat to the nation. It will, therefore, come as no surprise to anybody if the act of terrorism perpetrated by this destructive group takes a step further in 2017.
Are you kidding me right now? For the record, the threat of impeachment is not new in Nigeria. Nigerians are accustomed to threats of impeachment to our leaders. Since the seed of democracy was planted in 1999, there has never been a president that did not face any threat of impeachment. I don’t understand why that of President Buhari should stand out and be termed a prophecy. President Buhari will face impeachment threats next year and subsequent years until he vacates office. Whoever succeeds him will also have to deal with the threat of impeachment. It is part of what we inherited along with democracy. It is woven into the fabric of democracy.
2. Buhari to face impeachment threats
In developed countries, their elected public officers are not immune to this threat as part of the existence of their democracy. Whoever knows anything about democracy will not be surprised whenever impeachment is mentioned. It is part of the register of democracy. So, prophet of doom, you’ve got nothing relevant here.
#3. Forces in Aso Rock planning to poison current First Lady (Aisha Buhari)What does anyone have to gain from poisoning the First Lady? If such a senseless action is taken with a political undertone, the killers will benefit nothing from her death. The constitution doesn’t stipulate that the death of a First Lady renders the credibility of the president null and void.
For instance, when former President Obasanjo lost his wife to death some years back, the president continued ruling until the expiration of his term. So, I see no reason why the assassination of the First Lady should be considered a prophecy.
Meanwhile, the people of southern kaduna are currently being slaughtered on daily basis. Mr Prophet, which community will burn next in Kaduna?
#4. I see presidents being removed in Africa, I see presidents being installed
Ok, this is a ridiculous prophecy. What is the essence of elections? Simply put, to remove incumbent political public office holders and replace them with newly-elected leaders who are expected to right some wrongs.
It is on record that about 6 African countries will hold presidential elections in 2017. If these elections hold, it will automatically mean the removal of some incumbent presidents and the installation of new ones.
For instance, Algeria and Angola will hold presidential elections in November 2017 and August 2017 respectively. August 2017 is also slated for the presidential election in Rwanda while Sierra Leoneans are expected to go to the polls in November 2017.
On December 7, 2016, Ghanaians went to the polls and elected Nana Akufo-Addo to replace the incumbent John Dramani Mahama. The president-elect, Nana Akufo-Addo is expected to assume office on January 7, 2017. If he does, is that a prophecy? That doesn’t pass as a prophecy but an obvious fact.
This is the full list of his prophecies of doom and destruction:1. I see terrorism on the increase
2. Federal Government of Nigeria should not relax yet on Book Haram. It’s a deception.
3. Buhari to face impeachment threats.
4. America and China to have major face-off
5. Crude Oil to flow in Northern Nigeria.
6. Abuja to experience major Fire explosion.
7. Donald Trump to face impeachment attempt as members of Congress will be divided on his style of leadership.
8. I see an airplane that has Nigeria’s logo (National Carrier)
9. Things will pick up a bit in Nigeria but hunger will persist.
10. I saw people crying over Bamanga Tukur
11. Buhari will be bereaved in 2017
12. Ecobank, Diamond, Fidelity, GTB to retrench staff.
13. President Buhari’s health needs attention
14. 2017 budget will have crises
15. More judges to be humiliated
16. MMM to dupe more Nigerians and I see court cases.
17. Dollar to exchange for N615
18. Recession in Nigeria to become depression in 2017
19. MTN and GLO to face hardship
20. A former First Lady of Nigeria needs prayers over her health.
21. Forces in Aso Rock planning to poison current First Lady (Aisha Buhari)
22. I saw huge number of Chibok girls released; some of them with kids
23. Nnamdi Kanu’s detention to cause an international crisis. God is angry with Buhari for the continued detention.
24. Donald Trump to favor Israel. American Embassy in Israel to be moved to Jerusalem.
25. Liberian election: CONTINUITY
26. Ghana’s new president to send many to jail.
27. Buhari and Senate to have a crucial disagreement.
28. Nigeria’s Budget will be delayed
29. I see killings in Ekiti
30. EFCC to come after National Assembly members in Nigeria in politically motivated arrests because of their refusal to confirm Magu
31. I see kidnappers entering schools
32. Nigeria will lose a great man of God and the New Year is when the Nigerian government will fight the Church like never before.
33. Some terrorists will be arrested in Lagos
34. Traditional Rulers indicted and arrested for corruption
35. Lufthansa, Dana air, Ghana Air, Aero Contractors; I see staff protests.
36. America to have financial crises.
37. A serving Cabinet Minister in Nigeria will die
38. Nigeria to secure foreign funds
39. Doctors will embark on strike in Nigeria
40. A new Mega party in Nigeria will swallow up APC
41. I see a new leadership for the APC in Nigeria.
42. I see the DSS being taken to court
43. France, Spain, Russia to pray against train going off the rail.
44. I saw a huge school building collapse.
45. Nollywood to pray. They will get help but will lose two major people. The Yoruba movie industry too but prayer can avert it.
46. Fulani herdsmen again! Taraba, Benue, IMO and Jigawa state.
47. Kogi state to organize state prayers to avoid major deaths and natural disasters.
48. Edo state; major celebration but pray against road crashes.
49. I see presidents being removed in Africa, I see presidents being installed.
50. Two times, Nigeria’s vice president, Yemi Osinbajo, will face removal from office. They will alienate him and they will make attempts to remove him. But God will humble Buhari in 2017.
Without having a crystal ball or engaging the services of a sorcerer, merely following the political developments in all parts of the world is sufficient for an individual to have a close prediction of what the year 2017 holds in store. Therefore, I see no justification for calling all these prophecies.
Well, if God really showed you the vision, does that mean that God has destruction, war, and calamity for the world at large? Why are your prophecies full of doom and war? I see this as a personification of insanity and nothing more than the incoherence speech of a perennial failure who is seeking attention at all costs. Ask yourself, how many of your predictions for the year 2016 came to pass. I understand you. You will always recommend prayer as a cheap excuse, a cover up should they fail, which they will surely do.
Humans have relied excessively on a supernatural being as a tangible explanation for their fortune and misfortune. Foreseen occurrence that can be avoided through good planning will be left at the mercy of God. Their failure to make the best out of their environment is also an “act of God.” It comes as no surprise that simple daily happenings are now ignorantly considered as prophetic revelations.
Apostle Suleiman should wake up from his slumber and stop deceiving himself and his gullible followers with fake prophecies that don’t go beyond what my 10-year-old son can explain based on current events in the world.